OCS London Trip 2006

Join us for our journey into historic London on the 2006 OCS trip!

Friday, March 17, 2006

Thai, the Tower, and Terror

What a day it's been! We started the day at a neighborhood cafe where we
warmed up with coffee and pastries. Then we spent several hours
wandering the ecclectic Portabello market in Notting Hill. Among our
finds were embroidered shoes, warm gloves (for very chilly hands!), and
hand made leather bound books. All that shopping worked up an appetite
so we opted for a local favorite: fish and chips. After lunch we hopped
on the Tube and toured the Tower of London. Housed in this fortress
along the River Thames are the Crown Jewels, the Royal Armory, a torture
chamber, and several ghosts! We are relaxing now in the top floor of the
Wagamama resturant enjoying Thai cuisine while over looking the London
Bridge at night. Our evening is just beginning as we will be leaving
shortly for our Jack the Ripper Night Tour with Donald Rumblelow. He
served as a London police officer for 25 years, authored the best
selling book The Complete Jack the Ripper, and has been the chief
consultant for every major television and movie about Jack the Ripper
made in the last 20 years . We will update again soon!

3 Comments:

Blogger Glenda said...

Hey Katie Rath!!!

I can tell you are having fun based on the pictures - excellent. I can not believe it - you are standing exactly where Ashley and I stood on her 16th birthday - we will compare photos when you return - TOO COOL!!! I love the tea party - excellenta!!!!

I miss you and wish I was there but I know you are having a blast!!! Enjoy and Happy St. Patty's Dad.

I love you, You pal, Glenda

3:39 PM  
Blogger Glenda said...

ooops St. Patty's DAY!!!! gg

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Courtney Rosenquist!
You look like you're having a blast. I gotta admit, I'm pretty jealous! Say hello to any ghosts you see for me and sneak me back a crown jewel ok? Enjoy your tea and crumpets, scones, cucumber sandwiches, etc... i miss you like crazy.
love you,
johntaylor

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
University of Phoenix